Top 11 coolest google tips & tricks for those who increase their productivity with their chrome. Google chrome aimed to be simple and user-friendly browser. I think that’s the main reason why most of us love chrome as a browser. Even though google chrome has some advanced features or ability other than just browsing the web, so in this article, I will discuss some advanced features hidden away behind the scene.
1) Use google chrome as a calculator
Chrome Omni box can act as a calculator. Just type in the calculation, and auto suggestions result will appear.
2) Use google Chrome as an image viewer
Google chrome support will support most of the image formate so you can only drag and drop images directly to your chrome to have a quick look.
3) Use Chrome as a media player
We know we can watch online videos, photos on our google chrome as well as any other browser. But here you can play anything on your computer, whether offline or online, literally any video, audio, and photo files. Choose drag and drop a particular file to play in the browser and boom its play. Chrome can save you from the trouble of having to install a separate media player application.
4) Use google chrome as a Quick note
You can open a text editor in your browser. We can take notes easily, for getting text editor in your google chrome, just copy and past it! to the Google chrome Omnibox and press enter data: text/html, <html contenteditable> .
5) Pin your frequently use tabs
Using google chrome pin your favorites tabs to save space on your tab bar without losing quick access your favorite pages.
6) Learn about the site you visit
Click little icon left side Omni box address bar. You can see a wealth of information about the page you are on, including the security credential, the origin of the site, and the permission you previously granted, like full-screen mode and exiting cookies stored by the website.
7) Use Google Chrome task manager
Google Chrome has its own task manager. It shows a list of all open tabs and the background process running in the browser at the moment, along with the number of resources they are using up. You will find the task manager most useful when you are in troubleshoots problem within your browser, and you can quickly close down a process by highlighting it and clicking the end process.
Using following different way we can open task manager in google chrome:
- Press Shift + ESC key
- you can right-click on the upper side of chrome and select the task manager from the menu.
- Go to the right side and click on the Hamburger menu(3 dots) -> more tools -> task manager options.
8) Use the autofill features
Autofill feature for filling out any online form with a common field such as your name, email, address, etc. To enter the autofill value, go to the top right side menu and click hamburger menu(3 dots) ->settings -> Autofill.
9) Use Google Chrome extension to double click for word definition
Install chrome extension Google dictionary utility click on this Link.
When you installed successfully, then double click on any word inside chrome to get definition in a pop-up window.
10) Enable guest browsing
If someone wants to borrow your laptop, you are not keen on him or her messing around with your Facebook account or seeing the URLs that come up with suggestions in the Omni box, which enables guest browsing. Go to user sign-in symbol click Guest for enable guest browsing.
We can use chrome as private browsing for this enable secret (incognito) mode, so that Chrome will not keep your browsing or download history, for this follow following methods.
- Pressing Ctrl + Shift + N.
- Go to Settings click New incognito Window.
- How To Make an Undeletable File Or Folder in Windows 10 Easy Way
- 5 Reasons to Buy Mi Notebook 14 | Best Budget
- How to Repair and Unlock Your iPhone With dr.fone Easy Way
- How to Shutdown Your PC Automatically Using Timer Easy Way
- Top 5 Best Music Streaming Services And Apps in 2020
Hello Friends, I am Parth Patel, Technical Author. Speaking of education, I am an Engineering Graduate. I enjoy learning things related to new technology. I request you that you keep supporting me in this way and I will continue to provide new information for you 🙂 #techworld4unow